See attached for the full manifesto
Ten core policies
1. We believe that radical steps have to be taken to ensure Integrity and Trust in public life.
2. We believe that the House of Lords should be replaced by a credible and powerful House of Standards.
3. We believe that the upper House should have the power and authority to increase parliamentary accountability
4. We believe the Upper House should champion the integrity of the civil service and combat inappropriate political influence
5. We believe holders of public office should act solely in the public interest.
6. We believe that our parliamentarians should be committed fully to their role
7. We believe that political influence should be open and honest.
8. We believe that whistleblowers should be listened to and protected.
9. We believe that Ministers should be personally liable for any statement put out on their behalf
10. We believe that the BBC is an important bulwark of independent news and reporting.
January 12, 2005 | Permalink