Dear People of Mansfield and Warsop,
You have the opportunity on 6th May to choose between the candidates standing for election to Parliament. Your vote is crucial for the future of our constituency. I share many of your concerns and frustrations with the current Government and our local MP. Like you, I want to see a positive change that will bring about a fresh Government in Westminster and a new person locally who truly represents the needs of the people.
There is only one realistic way at this election to avoid a return of our existing MP, with the resulting boost to a further 5 years of Labour Government. I am the only truly local candidate who stands a real chance of winning on 6th May. Give me your support and I pledge that I will work long and hard to raise the profile of our are and always give first consideration to the needs of local people. I will press for a progressive and visionary national government that add the issues of major concern to us all. If I fail, then vote me out of office in 5 years’ time.
Your only truly local candidate for Mansfield
* * * * * * *
MY PLEDGE TO YOU
- I will commit myself to making Mansfield and district a better place.
- I will never abuse the system for personal gain.
- I will be your man in Parliament and nobody else’s.
- I will give you hope for a better future for our children and older people.
- I will support strict controls on immigration.
- I will light for a referendum on Europe.
- I will support and demand a fair deal for our troops in Afghanistan.
- I cannot change the world but I will work alongside any party who gives Mansfield and district their support.
- I will always put PEOPLE before POLITICS.
To bring honesty, openness and a promise to put what's best for Mansfield ahead of Party Politics.
I shall endeavour to work with and harness the strengths of all the people of Mansfield & Warsop in bringing about change for a bright new future and vision for our district.
*Transparency in Public Life
*Reduction in MP's and Ministers salaries by at least 10%
*Health - Better deal for our people
*Reduced crime & fear of crime
*Education & support for our children
*A better deal for our ageing population
*More effective partnership working
*Economy - Work closely with the
*Mayor & District Council to attract employment & investors to our district
*Europe - Referendum as promise