Welcome to the new SDP Website
The SDP is a political party commited to the wellbeing of all members of society It is not financed by trade unions or by big businesses. Its policies are therefore decided on their merits.
Why don't you become a member of the SDP? This is the party that works for local people. We hold our meetings on the first Thursday of every month at the community centre, Victoria Road. If you are interested call 0121 747 4546
Read about the SDP in our news section.
- The S.D.P. is committed to a fully representative system of elections and openess of government.
- The S.D.P. seeks to eliminate poverty and promote greater equality.
- The S.D.P. is committed to strengthening Britains economy by encouraging all forms of legitimate enterprise in the. Cooperative, Mutual,Private and Public Sectors.
- The S.D.P. seeks to promote a social market economy to ensure a fair distribution of rewqards and to meet social needs by public investment.
- The S.D.P.supports the greatest practical degree of decentralisation of decision making in all spheres of our national life.
- The S.D.P. would repeal the European Communities Act 1972. Ensuring sovereign powers of government are returned.Enabling Britain to be governed in accordance with Social Democratic Party principles and policies.
- The S.D.P. is concerned to improve the quality of public and community services and seeing that they are made responsive to peoples needs and that those providing them are fully accountable
- The S.D.P. is committed to the defence of human rights at home and abroad.
- The S.D.P. believes in a coherent and integrated approach to environmental protection at home and abroad. And will seek to promote a responsible collective approach to global problems.
- The S.D.P. supports the concept of Britain playing a full and constructive roll within the frame work of the European and World communities.
Important dates for your diary!
SDP National Party Conference
25th October 10am Boynton Village Hall, Boynton, Bridlington